Fcron mail output

S. Anthony Sequeira tony at sequeira.org.uk
Sat Jul 23 10:02:21 PDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-23 at 09:46 -0700, benjamin stathos wrote:
> --- "S. Anthony Sequeira" <tony at sequeira.org.uk>
> wrote:
>
> > >From man 5 fcrontab
> >
> >       mail
> >
> >        m      boolean(true)
> >
> >               Mail output (if any) or not.
>
> The default, as stated in the man page, is already set
> to true if any output exists. Just to be complete, I
> used mail(true) and the same thing happens. Output of
> a script is not sent to the email unless the script
> exits non-zero.

What is your cron command?  Myy fcrontab follows (wrapped).  I do get
the output from symlinks and find if it does output anything.

What version of fcron?

# fcron -V
fcron 2.9.4 - periodic command scheduler
Copyright 2000-2004 Thibault Godouet <fcron at free.fr>
This program is free software distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY.
See the GNU General Public License for more details.

!bootrun(true),nice(10),noticenotrun(true),mail(true),nolog(false)
@mail(false),nolog(true)        2       /etc/logcheck/logcheck.sh
@first(5)       1d      symlinks
-cdrs /bin /boot /dev /etc /lib /opt /root /sbin /usr /var | grep -Ev
'^other_fs: '
@first(10)      4h      find / \( -path /proc -o -path /mnt -o
-path /media \) -prune -o \( -nouser -o -nogroup \) -print
@first(15)      8h      makewhatis -w
@first(20)      8h      updatedb --prunepaths='/media /mnt'
@first(30)      1d      logrotate /etc/logrotate.conf

--
Did you know that if you took all the economists in the world and lined
them up end to end, they'd still point in the wrong direction?