gPDF fonts

Steve Brown sbrown25 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 08:00:26 PDT 2005

> What came up in the X terminal? Did it find the fonts? (It reads
> fonts.dir & fonts.scale, afaict). Do these font definition files exist
> in each font subdir and contain the ttf fonts?

# su
# cd /usr/share/fonts/ttf
# mkfontdir       // No errors here
# mkfontscale   // No errors here
# logout
$ export GS_FONTPATH=/usr/share/fonts/ttf
$ gs sample-TEST.pdf
ESP Ghostscript 7.07 (2003-07-12)
Copyright 2003 artofcode LLC and Easy Software Products, all rights reserved.
This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file PUBLIC for details.
Processing pages 1 through 1.
Page 1
/usr/share/ghostscript/fonts/n019003l.pfb... 2106164 741927 1682900
377427 2 done.
/usr/share/ghostscript/fonts/n019004l.pfb... 2203212 834756 1682900
385503 2 done.
>>showpage, press <return> to continue<<

gs displays the PDF correctly.  Still gpdf does NOT display the fonts correctly.

> If gPDF is a standalone postscript editor, fine. Otherwise let's sort
> ghostscript first.

Every app I have tried except gpdf displays the fonts correctly.
Every app I have tried *including* gpdf prints correctly.  If they
print correctly, doesn't that indicate an issue with gpdf and not
Ghostscript?