(no subject)

IraqiGeek geek at IraqiGeek.com
Mon Nov 14 16:59:53 PST 2005

Hi all,

After finishing LFS, now I'm continuing with the BLFS book. I am having an
issue with the prompt no matter which user I log on with. The prompt I am
getting, when logged in as root for example, is:

root@[lfs] : /root-bash-3.00#

This is after I commented the export PS1 lines in in bashrc and profile in
/etc. I also double checked .bash_profile in the home directory of root,
which I created just yesterday, and it doesnt have any references to PS1.
How can I remove the "-bash-3.00 part from my prompt?

Regards,
IraqiGeek
Homepage: http://www.iraqigeek.com