OpenOffice2 -- is PAM optional?

Jeremy Byron rjjbyron at shaw.ca
Sat Nov 19 20:47:54 PST 2005

Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> The book says PAM is optional, but openoffice's configure script errors
> when it can't find PAM.
>
> configure's --help doesn't show a way to disable pam. Should PAM be
> listed as required in the book?

It requires a patch similar to the OOo_1.1.4-no_pam-1.patch except that
it also has to remove a big chunk of code from the configure script (so
it doesn't check for PAM and fail).  There isn't a --disable-pam option,
unfortunately.  The patch should still be in the archives somewhere from
when I was playing with OOo2 a while back; I don't have access to it at
the moment to attach it.

It is optional (with the patch) in the same way as it's optional for
OOo_1.1.4 in the stable branch.

Regards,
Jeremy.