a good OCR

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Nov 23 15:04:51 PST 2005

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005, sacarde wrote:

> I installed netpbm, but I dont found command to translate
> xsane image (jpeg or png or pnm or tiff)
> into
> readable from ocrad (pgm or pbm)
>
> I wrong ?
>
> thankyou

  Read the documentation (any of it - it all points to somewhere on the
web), go to where it points, search around for a list of commands, then
try stringing them together.  So maybe pnmtoxxx | xxxtoyyy | yyytopbm
[ xxx and yyy are just examples of unknown commands, unless you can find
anything listing the required sequence of commands, you have to read up
on what commands exist, and what they do.

Ken