LFS Mail Search

taipan67 sysadm.taipan67 at btinternet.com
Sun Jul 8 12:10:43 PDT 2007

Dan Nicholson wrote:
> A while back I created a custom Google search which seems to do a pretty good job of searching the mail archives...I'm thinking about adding it to the support page on the main pages...
>
> ...if you think this deserves consideration for the LFS main pages, say something.
>
> --
> Dan

As an LFS n00b myself, i initially found the prospect of posting to the
lists quite intimidating - the thought of incurring the wrath of
seasoned members by duplicating existing posts was somewhat daunting -
indeed, my very first post turned out to be a duplicate of one of
your's, Dan, from the previous month, which hadn't shown up through a
google-search.

I therefore heartily endorse any means by which people can satisfy
themselves that their query hasn't been answered before, & i should
think those who answer such duplicates would feel the same way.

I was gonna suggest using it to replace the existing 'search page'
links, which were broken, but it looks like that's already been done.

Thanks for this - it's already helped me a couple of times.

taipan