OpenOffice 2 install

Jerry Johnson jsquared at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 8 18:16:15 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I have a system based on the 6.2 book.  I have been very happy with the BLFS
additions so far, but now I want to install OpenOffice, and I am very
intimidated by the 129 SBU build time,  I am willing to "cheat" and do an
install similar to what I did on my Windows system: big download but short
install.  All of the no compilation Linux installs I have seen seem to be
rpm-based package installs.  Is there any way I can install OpenOffice on my
BLFS system without the 129 SBU build process?