Locales Guide

ICMP Request icmp.request at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 05:05:40 PDT 2007

Ag. D. Hatzimanikas wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 12, at 08:03 Ag. D. Hatzimanikas wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 12, at 01:32 ICMP Request wrote:
>>> Hello LFS/BLFS guys! I've never found any *complete* guide on google
>>> about LC_X variables. Most of them give just a very short description
>>> about them and only a few of them.
>>>
>>> Finding detailed information about how to configure my locales and which
>>> each LC_ variable does seem the most difficult thing to find so far.
>>>
>>> I would like to know if any of you know any detailed and complete guide
>>> about Linux locales and what each LC_ variable really does.
>>>
>>> I appreciate your help in advance,
>> Wrong mailing list!
>>
>> Anyway, the answer to your question is simple.
>> POSIX.
>> http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007904975/basedefs/xbd_chap08.html#tag_08_02
>>
>> I am redirecting this conversation to BLFS-dev, and cc'ing this you, to make sure
>> that you received my reply.
>
> I am stupid.
> Blfs-support is the right one, please forgive.

Hello Ag.! Thanks so much for answering and sorry for the delay, I'm
having some non-LFS-related issues with my computer! :P

The guide is pretty good but, as always, it seems to lack some
variables, like:

LC_NAME
LC_ADDRESS
LC_IDENTIFICATION
LC_MEASUREMENT
LC_PAPER
LC_TELEPHONE

So that's what I mean...we *never* find a full complete information
about locales at any place...all we have are puzzles pieces which we
need to join them together and it's very annoying hehehehe... :P

Anyway the site was very useful for giving more information about the
variables that it lists so thanks for sharing it I bookmarked it! :)

Regards,

--
ICMP Request - Don't forget to call me when you ping!

Mail/MSN: icmp.request at gmail.com

x86 Intel Prescott 32-bit Platform - Linux 2.6.20.1

Registered Linux User #449464