Locales Guide

Ag. D. Hatzimanikas a.hatzim at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 08:48:49 PDT 2007

On Sun, Jul 15, at 09:05 ICMP Request wrote:
> Ag. D. Hatzimanikas wrote:
> >> http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007904975/basedefs/xbd_chap08.html#tag_08_02
> >>

> The guide is pretty good but, as always, it seems to lack some
> variables, like:
>
> LC_NAME
> LC_ADDRESS
> LC_IDENTIFICATION
> LC_MEASUREMENT
> LC_PAPER
> LC_TELEPHONE

Ok I searched a little bit about this.
I am not really sure, if there is a "info" file about locale, that ships
with glibc; i am not sure because I delete all the info files soon after
every build, but I see in my logs some infos that installed with glibc,
so one of them must have information about locales.
I say this because, If you look at the sources (glibc) tree, there is a
locale.texi file under "glibc-2.5/manual" directory, very informative and
with a more detailed analysis than the `man 7 locale`.
I am not sure if there is there all the information you would like to have.
Here is this same document in the web.

http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/Locales.html

Also a quick search in google revealed some more information.
http://www.oreillynet.com/linux/cmd/cmd.csp?path=l/locale
http://essentialinux.com/locale.php

I hope you are satisfied.

Now if you have the time  and the will, you can combine all this information
and you can submit a hint.
Many people would appreciate it.

--
Regards,