Stuck on gnome 2.18 - gnome-vfs

Peter B. Steiger pbs_lists_001 at bluebottle.com
Fri Jul 27 11:24:12 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-27 at 13:10 -0500, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> BTW - did you figure out the issue you were having with Yelp?

Nope, it still claims it cannot launch Gecko.  Interestingly, I get the
same error in my new lfs partition with the Garnome-built Gnome.

I came into a small windfall this week and talked the wife into letting
me blow part of it on new hardware.  When I get my new barebones box,
I'm going to start over on a whole new hard drive and go straight by the
book, no weird customization of file names or locations, no variance
from book-tested versions.

If it doesn't work after that, I'll probably just give up.  I don't
really use Gnome much as a working environment; my wm is fluxbox.  I
like to fire up gnome-session once in a while just to be familiar with
it in case friends ask for help, but as long as I can make it functional
enough to run evolution and the occasional game of solitaire, I'm happy.

--
Peter B. Steiger
Cheyenne, WY