Help with beryl/compiz/compiz fusion

Justin The Cynical cynical at penguinness.org
Sat Jul 28 11:18:30 PDT 2007

Alan Lord wrote:

  > If you look on the lfs general list I wrote a mini howto under the
title
> of "Mini Howto Beryl on LFS".
>
> It is a bit out of date now but should give you some ideas...

Ah yes, I recall glancing at that.  I am sorry to say that I didn't give
it a very good look at the time, but IIRC, that was during a long night
of searching around for the info and getting a bit frustrated at the time.

> There also are some discussions on-going on the forums at
> http://www.opencompositing.org/ specifically about getting CompizFusion
> to work on LFS. The latest compiz-fusion builds rely on several Gnome
> libraries to work...

Where are those threads?  I saw the [SOLVED} thread about getting it
working under LFS, but that thread never did state exactly what is needed.

Thank you