dhclient does not provide connection

paul.rogers at juno.com paul.rogers at juno.com
Tue Jul 31 09:19:21 PDT 2007

>But shouldn?t dhclient do that job for me, I mean updating the IP
>addresses of DNS in the resolv.conf when they change in the settings
>of my router?

Some do.  dhcpcd-3.0.17 will overwrite it, and there are some circumstances where that's not necessarily what is wanted.  At least a couple of the packages I've been working with recently have a script that runs when they are about to and/or have done a dhcp negotiation.  It's up to the sysadmin to make sure it does what's needed.

Paul Rogers  (paul.rogers at juno.com)
http://www.xprt.net/~pgrogers/