Bootscreen on {B}LFS

Luke Vear lukevear at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 8 23:47:38 PST 2008

Hey my fellow linux lovers. I have installed a fully functioning LFS and BLFS system, complete with GNOME 2.20. I am now wondering if any of you awesome people know of a way to implement a boot screen. I have tried Splashy but simply could not get the stupid thing to work, and I have also tried the now old Bootsplash project. I got this to work with no troubles but you have to patch you're kernel and the latest available patch is for 2.6.21 i think. So if you know of any project that can help me with this, and one that has a progress bar, please let me know. Thanks in advance