problem patching QT3 package

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sat Jan 19 10:38:31 PST 2008

On Sat, Jan 19, 2008 at 11:46:16AM -0600, Arnie Stender wrote:

> Hi Ken,
>     That was interesting. I finally got around to trying the LINUX patch
> for QT3 you gave me. It complained that it couldn't find the file it was
> supposed to patch in spite of the fact that it had just echoed it to the
> screen. It asked me for the file name to patch for both files changed by
> this patch. I cut and pasted the name it had just printed out as the
> response and it ran without errors for both files. I don't think I ever
> saw that happen before.

 I get that if I try -p1 instead of -p0 : the patch isn't in
standard LFS form.  Blfs prefers to use upstream patches where they
are available.

> BTW, I wen through the provided documentation
> for VIM to try and find what I need to put in my .vimrc to make it show
> me when it is editing a DOS format (CRLF line terminators) file and
> couldn't find any specific mention of that feature in terms I
> understood. Can someone here tell me what I need to do to make that
> happen? There are a lot of things that choke on CRLF and I'd like to
> know about it when I pull the file into VIM.

 That would sure be useful, but for vim I merely grovel among the
scraps that have fallen off the wizards' tables.  I'm just happy
that highlighting redundant whitespace works for me.

ĸen