Openoffice again

Hans-Joachim Widmaier hjwidmaier at web.de
Sun Jan 27 01:15:06 PST 2008

Being rather busy lately I came across your reply only yesterday ...

DJ Lucas wrote:

> You cannot access the Windows registry in strait Java.  The reg lib quit
> shipping in 2.0.4 so you have to build it (or you can cheat and acquire
> it and drop it into external).  Is there a reason you've built the SDK?
>  I'll just add '(requires MingW)' for the SDK download link so that
> nobody else stumbles here.

There is a reason: I was not aware that I don't need or even want it. My
hard disks are spacious, so I usually build all add-ons and options
unless I know I (or others who's boxes I install this on) don't ever
need it.

> Any optimizations when building JDK?  If you have the console output,
> that would be really helpful.  I've built JDK and OOo several times with
> no issues to report.

What console output? From compiling JDK or OOo, where the error
occurred? (Probably the latter.) I don't want to waste your time, but if
you're really interested, I could just compile it again with the
own-built JDK.

>> Now, since I have the neon library installed, I chose to configure with
>> --with-system-neon. 2 hours into the compilation this gives some nice
>> undefined externals, because now you need to link in ssl and crypto as
>> well: sed -i "s at NEON3RDLIB=-lneon@& -lssl -lcrypto@" solenv/inc/libs.mk.
>>

> What version of neon?  What does the neon.pc file have for linker flags?

neon.pc:
prefix=/usr
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
includedir=${prefix}/include

Name: neon
Version: 0.26.2
Libs.private:  -lz -lssl -lcrypto -ldl   -lexpat
Libs: -L${libdir} -lneon
Cflags: -I${includedir}/neon  -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -DNE_LFS

[kde]
> Sorry, no time to dig into it right this second...it's a newer version
> of KDE than currently in the book, but I'd bet there is probably already
> a patch floating around someplace.  Again, exact error messages would be
> very helpful to the book if you still have them laying around some place.

No sweat. I've uninstalled KDE-3.5.8 since then and am waiting for 4.0.
My half-hearted attempts to build that one got me nowhere so far ...

Thanks for all,

Hans-Joachim