OpenSSH installation problem.

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 13:27:01 PST 2008

On Jan 30, 2008 12:58 PM, amarsoft amarsoft <amarsoft219 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> My host is lfslivecd which has /dev/urandom. But my newly built lfs system doesn't have it.

If you're building in a chroot and the host is the livecd, then you
should have $LFS/dev/urandom unless you did not bind mount the /dev
partition correctly. In that case, I would guess that the
ssh-rand-helper program should succeed.

If you've booted your new LFS system and you're building from there,
then you should have /dev/urandom as long as udev has run
successfully.

Which environment are you building ssh from? Are you missing any other
key devices from /dev (/dev/mem)?

--
Dan