BLFS svn-20090928 Video Driver xf86-video-vesa-2.0.1.tar.bz2

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 9 11:43:02 PDT 2009

2009/10/9 ga ho <gazza1z at yahoo.co.uk>:
> Thanks for the suggestions. I have an integrated ATI Radeon X1250 graphics chip and the fact that I might not need the vesa driver never occurred to me.

>From 'man 4 radeon' shipped with xf86-video-ati-6.12.2:

SUPPORTED HARDWARE
       The  radeon  driver  supports  PCI,  AGP,  and PCIE video cards
based on the following ATI
       chips:

[ skip first 27 chips ... ]

       RS600/RS690/RS740
                   Radeon X1200/X1250/X2100

[ also skip subsequent lines for Radeon HD variants ]

So I *assume* that the ati driver will work a lot better than the
vesa driver on your hardware, even if the vesa driver is able
to drive your hardware.

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"