What is the matter with BLFS 6.4 ?

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 13:56:06 PDT 2009

Dr. Edgar Alwers wrote:

> The question remains open, how to contribute to BLFS in the field of kde-4
> implementation. I have now some experiences, as I built kde-4.3.0 and upgraded
> to kde-4.3.2, the actual stable version. I could try to write a draft "kde-4"
> for the BLFS book. If, I would like to do it through wikipedia, using the
> original formats from the BLFS book. Could someone indicate me, how could I
> start that ?

There are three ways.  You can right a hint.  See
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/howtowrite.html.  This is probably the
easiest for a complex set of packages like KDE.  I wrote the original hint for
KDE3 that was eventually incorporated into the book.   That started me on the
path to become an editor.

Second, you can edit the wiki.  See for example
http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/wiki/kdelibs

Third, you can write a patch to the book and send it to blfs-dev.

Any of the above will be greatly appreciated.  If you do the hint, I'll try it
out and try to find the time to create the changes needed to incorporate it into
the book.

   -- Bruce