blfssvn-20090928 Problems installing Xorg 7.4

Guy Dalziel krendoshazin at dementedfury.org
Mon Oct 19 11:20:26 PDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 10:56:26AM -0700, ga ho wrote:
> All I get when running X -config ~/xorg.conf.new is a black screen.
> There are no errors in the /var/log/Xorg.0.log file.

A black screen is now the default colour of the root window. I don't
know who's idea it was, but it even caught me out the first time that I
saw it. Ctrl-alt-backspace no longer works, but ctrl-alt-del should get
you out of X when you test it, or failing that you should be able to
switch back to a tty and close X with ^C.