blfssvn-20090928 Problems installing Xorg 7.4

Trent Shea trent.shea at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 22:40:39 PDT 2009

On Monday 19 October 2009 13:05:27 Guy Dalziel wrote:
> Thank you, Trent. The problem, however, isn't really the black screen
> itself,
I trimmed too much when I quoted - my bad. '-retro' does more than just
change the background, though.

A snippet from the Xorg man page:

Ctrl+Alt+Backspace
               Immediately  kills  the  server -- no questions asked.
This is
               disabled by default.  It can be enabled with the -retro
command
               line flag or by setting the DontZap xorg.conf(5) file
option to
               a FALSE value

--
Regards,