What is the matter with BLFS 6.4 ?

Dr. Edgar Alwers edgaralwers at gmx.de
Wed Oct 21 12:24:20 PDT 2009

On Friday 16 October 2009 22:56:06 Bruce Dubbs wrote:

Hi Bruce,
I have been thinking a little about your suggestions, but I think I need a
little help:

> There are three ways.  You can right a hint.
My idea was to write a kind of "draft-book" for the pages concerning
kde-4.3.2. I would start explaining how to create a new user "kde4" (
following  "Getting Started/Build/KDE4.x" on KDE-Techbase ), then how to build
"cmake", how to build "automoc" from CVN and step by step adding the needed
programs.
Submission rules for hints says..." Hints should be reserved for things that
cannot be included into the book. Hints that relate to installation of
packages and which would easily fit into the book (usually the BLFS book)
should be submitted to the relevant development list".
So, having several pages in the mind, I feel more confortable ( and would
prefer ) :

> Second, you can edit the wiki.  See for example
> http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/wiki/kdelibs
I am not familiar at all with this page.But  I think, I could apply the
procedures for submitting KDE-TechBase pages. Is this a similar way ? Do I
need a special authorization to edit this wiki's ?

> Third, you can write a patch to the book and send it to blfs-dev.
In my opinion too dificult ( at least for me ), as new chapters have to be
introduced that do actually not exist in the book.

Expecting your advice.

Regards,
Edgar