What is the matter with BLFS 6.4 ?

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 13:13:45 PDT 2009

Dr. Edgar Alwers wrote:
> On Friday 16 October 2009 22:56:06 Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>
> Hi Bruce,
> I have been thinking a little about your suggestions, but I think I need a
> little help:
>> There are three ways.  You can right a hint.

> My idea was to write a kind of "draft-book" for the pages concerning
> kde-4.3.2. I would start explaining how to create a new user "kde4" (
> following  "Getting Started/Build/KDE4.x" on KDE-Techbase ), then how to build
> "cmake", how to build "automoc" from CVN and step by step adding the needed
> programs.

> Submission rules for hints says..." Hints should be reserved for things that
> cannot be included into the book. Hints that relate to installation of
> packages and which would easily fit into the book (usually the BLFS book)
> should be submitted to the relevant development list".

Don't worry about that.  If you just write it in text, I'll add it to the hints
and make a reference to it in the book.   The format is really pretty flexible
and simple.  Just look at any other hint for the major headings.

> So, having several pages in the mind, I feel more confortable ( and would
> prefer ) :

>> Second, you can edit the wiki.  See for example
>> http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/wiki/kdelibs

> I am not familiar at all with this page.But  I think, I could apply the
> procedures for submitting KDE-TechBase pages. Is this a similar way ? Do I
> need a special authorization to edit this wiki's ?

Yes.  Send me your blfs wiki login name directly (not via the list) and I'll set
you up with the proper permissions.  I have to limit who has write permissions
or we get spam on the wiki pages.

>> Third, you can write a patch to the book and send it to blfs-dev.

> In my opinion too dificult ( at least for me ), as new chapters have to be
> introduced that do actually not exist in the book.

I understand.  That's the most convenient for us, but must difficult for you.

   -- Bruce