kdelibs-3.5.10 compiling error

Jim McConville jhmc at xmission.com
Mon Oct 26 09:04:07 PDT 2009

On Monday 26 October 2009 07:14, Ken Moffat wrote:
> 2009/10/26 Jim McConville <jhmc at xmission.com>:
> > BLFS svn 20091025
> > Chap. 25 Kdelibs-3.5.10 Compilation error
> >
> > I am attempting to compile kdelibs-3.5.10 in accordance with commands
> > listed in  BLFS svn 20091025 .  I have encountered the problem:
> > " ftp.cc:2084: warning: 'KMimeMagicResult' is deprecated (declared
> > at ../../kio/kio/kmimemagic.h:47)
> > make[3]: *** [ftp.lo] Error 1 "
> >
> > There was a posting at:
> > http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/packages/kdelibs/kdelibs-gcc4
> >4.patch that supposedly addressed this problem.  Is this patch, if it
> > exists, a solution or have I errored in following BLFS guidance?
> >
> > This compilation is founded on LFS-6.5.
> > Jim McConville
> > jhmc at xmission.com
> > --
>
>  The patch certainly exists, you just need more practice in
> using the cvs web interface ;-)
>
> Try
> http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/packages/kdelibs/kde
>libs-gcc44.patch?rev=1.2;content-type=text%2Fplain
>
>  I got there by reading the page you linked to,
> the log for newest revision said
>
> | FILE REMOVED
> |Changes since revision 1.2: +0 -0 lines
> |
> |-  branch diff updated, gcc44 patch applied upstream
>
> so I guess that makes it the correct solution.
>
> Must admit, I'm surprised there is still an upstream
> for kde-3.5.  Anyway, after that, the route to the
> patch is via 'download' on the next entry (1.2).
> FWIW, 'view' will show it as html, you need plain
> text.
>
>  HTH
>
> ĸen
> --
> After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"

I have successfully completed the compilation of kdelibs-3.5.10 by applying
the patch with the command:
	" patch -Np1 -i ../kdelibs-gcc44.patch "

and finishing the effort with:

	" ./configure --prefix=$KDE_PREFIX  \
        	    --sysconfdir=/etc/kde \
            	--disable-debug       \
            	--disable-dependency-tracking &&
	make "

Shouldn't this patch incorporated into the BLFS commands?

Jim McConville
jhmc at xmission.com