hotplug nouveau-drm on blfs

luxInteg lux-integ at btconnect.com
Thu Sep 2 17:39:26 PDT 2010

Greetings,

I have a blfs setup with kde4.4.5 kernel-2.6.34 and nouveau-drm.  usb hotplug
does not work.
USB sticks are seen if the are plugged in at boot time but  on the desktop
they are not seen  if  'post-boot'  inserted.

I have   tried new udev rules for  'recognising the device'  this works only
at boot time.
I have even updated the kernel to 2.6.35.4  with no effect.

I am wondering if  it   could be a problem related to the nouveau device
driver for the nvidia gpu   interfering with hotplug scripts.

advice would be appreciated.