firefox-3.6.9 and friends

Andrew Benton b3nton at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 03:44:29 PDT 2010

On 11/09/10 00:08, Ken Moffat wrote:
> 1. The minimum sqlite version hasn't changed, but now it needs to be
> compiled with SQLITE_SECURE_DELETE.  I picked 2.6.23.1 to try this,
> upgrading to the new 2.7 series this soon seems a little adventurous
> to me.  Whichever version you choose,
>   CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -DSQLITE_SECURE_DELETE" ./configure --your-options
> seems to do the job adequately.  I'll note that gentoo also add
>   -DSQLITE_CHECK_PAGES -DSQLITE_CORE if they turn on secure delete,
> but I've no idea what those settings do, and they don't seem to be
> necessary.  As always, YMMV.

Just to add to this, current Firefox mercurial head requires
sqlite-3.7.2 and also needs the CFLAG -DSQLITE_ENABLE_UNLOCK_NOTIFY=1
I add the CFLAGS to the end of the configure options so that they don't
get set globally. IE
./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-threadsafe \
   --enable-shared --enable-static --enable-readline \
   CFLAGS="-DSQLITE_SECURE_DELETE=1 -DSQLITE_ENABLE_UNLOCK_NOTIFY=1"

Andy