Setting up transparent system-wide SSL/TLS infrastructure.

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Fri Sep 17 23:01:47 PDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-09-17 at 22:35 +0200, Aleksandar Kuktin wrote:
> When I switched to Midori, I had to start thinking about this.
> I now have a CA bundle, generated from certificated coming with
> Mozilla sources. It is in /etc/ssl/certs and Midori now handles SSL by
> itself. But, other programs still need my help, like wget; and other,
> like the Subversion client, stil don't talk SSL for me.
>
> How am I supposed to set the infrastructure up?

I don't personally know anything about it, but I know Fedora have been
doing some work in this area, trying to standardise on Mozilla's NSS for
anything relating to encryption or certificates. You might want to look
at what they've done, maybe ask some of their contributors....

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraCryptoConsolidation

Simon.