mythtv-0.23.1 on blfs

luxInteg lux-integ at btconnect.com
Wed Sep 29 08:27:18 PDT 2010

On Wednesday 29 September 2010 01:51:43 DJ Lucas wrote:
> On 09/28/2010 06:26 PM, luxInteg wrote:
> > dvdnav/dvdnav.c:922: error: 'DVDNAV_FORMAT_LPCM' undeclared (first use in
> > this
>
> Best guess is that you have libdvdnav installed on the host, myth is
> trying to use an internal version but using system headers in
> /usr/include/dvdnav/dvdnav.h. Build with one or the other.  See if there
> is a --with-system-libdvdnav or something similar in configure. Failing
> that, if you must keep the local copy, then try and see if you can
> prepend extra-ldflags with -L$SOURCES/mythtv/libs/libmythdvdnav. That
> will probably get it to build, you won't see the problem with this (if
> any) until you go to use libdvdnav.  If that is the case then you might
> also need to use LD_PRELOAD or other hacks at runtime for mythtv,
> depends on what they call it/do with it after it is built.
>
> HTH
>
> -- DJ Lucas

you are dead rignt.

 The whole mythtv source configure setup seems a bit of dogsbreakfast.   Then
again I supposed it is  tailored for ubuntification/fedorafication.

--------they have a configure script    which is not autoconf-based and most
of the settings  seem to be ignored,
--------there is no output when it is run

and I am still unclear if  one can or cannot use external libs such as ffmpeg.
dvdnav, dvdread or otherwise..