tickling make or libtool or whatever

luxInteg lux-integ at btconnect.com
Sun Jan 9 07:49:09 PST 2011

Greetings

My machine runs clfs/cblfs.

I may be asking the imposible but I will ask anyway.  Does any one of a way
to reveal  seemingly 'hidden' preprocessor -D options for packages usig
the libtool/config.h wrapper?

For instance  the compilation of fftw-3.2.2
 ( http://cblfs.cross-lfs.org/index.php/FFTW )

can be compiled  to  give 3 different sets of libraries with different options
passed to ./configure namely:-
--enable-double
--enable-long-double
--enable-single

but  the gcc  'make'  outputs  are  essentially the same.  In each case  the
compiler outputs the same  with lines such as -MT  -MD -MP -MF   but none
with lines showing -D options.  Surely   there should be lines with

-DDOUBLE
-DLONG
-DINT

to correspond with the options   passed to configure.

I have   tried
--make -d
--make VERBOSE=1

and no -D  options are shown.  Is there a way to tickle 'make'   or libtool
or whatever to  reveal these options?

Thanks in advance

sincerely
luxInteg