xorg-7.6 (long, boring, list of packages)

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 12 17:24:14 PST 2011

 Since people are mentioning xorg-7.6, I'll list which packages I've
built, which (mostly) work on my old radeon video cards.  This is a
lot less than BLFS builds.  I was hoping to try this on my (ppc64)
nv34 with nouveau, but for the moment I don't have the time to build
anything else.  Meanwhile, my upgrade of groff in LFS-dev has
apparently broken a couple of the libs on xorg-7.5.

 The 'mostly' is because mesa-demos is now a separate package.  On
my radeon 7500 some of it works, but glxinfo and glxgears are
somewhat broken, so I can't tell if dri is working reliably.  On my
radeon 9200se *all* the mesa-demos programs are broken.  On the
7500, all of the dri screensavers *appear* to work well.

 The 7500 has run my normal desktop (with gnome-2.30 packages) and
seems ok.  On the 9200se I've backed this out and am waiting to try
a gnome-2.32 build with Mesa-7.8 when I have the time.

 I'm only using truetype fonts, and I haven't changed those since
xorg-7.5.

ĸen

(this is what I build after my 'docbook' script which includes
Python (last of the 2.6-series), libxml2 (2.7.8 plus patch) and
xmlto.  In this order:

ed-1.5
expat-2.0.1
libpng-1.2.44
freetype-2.4.4
fontconfig-2.8.0
XML-Parser-2.40
XML-Simple-2.18
intltool-0.41.1
bigreqsproto-1.1.1
compositeproto-0.4.2
damageproto-1.2.1
dmxproto-2.3
dri2proto-2.3
fixesproto-4.1.2
fontsproto-2.1.1
glproto-1.4.12
inputproto-2.0.1
kbproto-1.0.5
randrproto-1.3.2
recordproto-1.14.1
renderproto-0.11.1
resourceproto-1.1.1
scrnsaverproto-1.2.1
videoproto-2.3.1
xcmiscproto-1.2.1
xextproto-7.1.2
xf86bigfontproto-1.2.0
xf86dgaproto-2.1
xf86driproto-2.1.0
xf86vidmodeproto-2.3
xineramaproto-1.2
xproto-7.0.20
xorg-cf-files-1.0.2
imake--1.0.2
makedepend--1.0.3
util-macros-1.11.0
libXau-1.0.6
libXdmcp-1.1.0
libpthread-stubs-0.3
xcb-proto-1.6
libxcb-1.7
xtrans-1.2.6
libX11-1.4.0
libXext-1.2.0
libFS-1.0.3
libICE-1.0.7
libSM-1.2.0
libXScrnSaver-1.2.1
libXt-1.0.9
libXmu-1.1.0
libXpm-3.5.9
libXaw-1.0.8
libXfixes-4.0.5
libXcomposite-0.4.3
libXrender-0.9.6
libXcursor-1.1.11
libXdamage-1.1.3
libfontenc-1.1.0
libXfont-1.4.3
libXft-2.2.0
libXi-1.4.0
libXinerama-1.1.
libXrandr-1.3.1
libXres-1.0.5
libXtst-1.2.0
libXv-1.0.6
libXvMC-1.0.6
libXxf86dga-1.1.2
libXxf86vm-1.1.1
libdmx-1.1.
libpciaccess-0.12.0
libxkbfile-1.0.7
xcb-util-0.3.6
pixman-0.21.2
  note that on x86_64 (and ppc64, ppc in the past) I *don't* need
  libatomic_ops - I've noted that in the ticket, I wonder if the need
  for it is a side effect of LFS building for i486 ?
libdrm-2.4.23
libtalloc-2.0.1
 (needed now for Mesa)
Mesa-7.9
glew-1.5.7
 (needed for mesa-demos)
mesa-demos-8.0.1
 on my old radeons this is effectively useless, even glxinfo and
 glxgears are b0rken.  Note that Slack only build parts of this -
 their specific instructions require other dependencies.  For me
 this is just CMMI.
xbitmaps-1.1.1
iceauth-1.0.4
mkfontdir-1.0.6
mkfontscale-1.0.8
rgb-1.0.3
setxkbmap-1.2.0
xauth-1.0.5
xcalc-1.0.3
xclock-1.0.4
xcursorgen-1.0.4
xdpyinfo-1.2.0
xdriinfo-1.0.4
xev-1.1.0
xgamma-1.0.4
xhost-1.0.4
xinit-1.3.0
xkbcomp-1.2.0
xmodmap-1.0.5
xrdb-1.0.7
xrefresh-1.0.4
xset-1.2.1
xsetroot-1.1.0
xwd-1.0.4
xcursor-themes-1.0.3
xkeyboard-config-2.0
xorg-server-1.9.3
xf86-input-evdev-2.5.0
xf86-video-ati-6.13.2
 ( with a patch for my 7500 to revert one commit)
rxvt-unicode-9.10
 [ ttf-fonts - I haven't changed these recently ]
fluxbox-1.1.0.1 (I know, I ought to try 1.1.1 for the brief period
 where I use this wm).