modesettings change

Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers edgaralwers at gmx.de
Wed Jan 19 01:37:02 PST 2011

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 20:51:22 +0000
Ken Moffat <ken at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

>  That is, I suppose, *possible* (I don't have any intel video
> hardware).  You seem to be suggesting that you get three different
> sizes of fonts during your boot ?  Can you identify which of the
> bootscripts cause the tiny fonts to take over ?

Yes. The boot procedure starts with the "normal" font size. At a certain point, the font changes to the 12x22 according to your advice. Finaly, short before the booting ends, some 20 lines before, at a statement ( dmesg ) "Setting up Linux console...", the font becomes tiny. And remains tiny.
I hope you can identify who is triggering the console setting.
Edgar

--
Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers <edgaralwers at gmx.de>
GPG Key ID:AD5C6F70