xorg-server-1.8.2 and pkg-config

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 20 08:19:46 PST 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 10:47:29AM +0100, Göran Boström wrote:

> I'm following the instructions in the BLFS-book:
> the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable is not set.
>
> However, the file xorg-server.pc is created, but in the root of the build
> tree.
>
> Of course I can easily move this file to the correct position, but there
> must be something wrong in the configuration or in the configure script?
>
> Goran

 I've never built a 1.8 server, but with both 1.7.6 and 1.9.3
xorg-server.pc is the last thing installed.  Do you have all of the
following ?  (you didn't say where you are installing, so your prefix
might be different)

/usr/bin/X
/usr/include/xorg
/usr/lib/X11/modules/extensions e.g. libglx.so
/usr/bin/cvt
/usr/bin/Xdmx

 If you have none of these, probably you didn't install.
If you have only *some* of these, it looks as if there was an error
during the install.

ĸen