Python install question

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 10 08:14:55 PDT 2011

On 10/10/2011 8:38 AM, luxInteg wrote:
> I know Python can be finnicky  so is it necessary to yank out  the installed
> copy of Python-2.7.1 before installing   that which was  built with valgrind
> or is installing over sufficient?

Either way would probably yield the same result; however, if I
recall correctly, Python puts a binary and a symlink in /usr/bin
and then a single directory in /usr/lib. Since removing Python
is so easy, that is what I would do (I use package management,
so I always remove existing packages if I upgrade or reinstall).

--
Randy