[blfs-support] problem using BS or DEL key

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Wed Dec 4 13:51:08 PST 2013

Le 04/12/2013 20:38, Alexey Orishko a écrit :
> On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Ken Moffat <zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>>
>>  I now wonder if you are using a non-unicode console font ?
>
> I've built LFS using ALFS scripts and didn't change anything regarding
> fonts... should I?

ALFS (jhalfs) does not set anything for fonts...
It only sets LANG in /etc/profile, which has nothing to do with the keyboard
nor with the screen font.
That is, you end up with an US keyboard layout and linux default font.
If The Norwegian keyboard is different from the US keyboard, you'll get
misplaced keys (for example, hitting 'a' on a French keyboard returns 'q').
And the default linux font is not unicode...

You need to manually edit /etc/sysconfig/console

Some people in this thread have given examples of what they use.

Regards
Pierre