[blfs-support] Troubles Building NSS-3.15.3 [Corrected Major Error]

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 11:19:06 PST 2013

Dan McGhee wrote:

> Maybe someday, I'll have the time and energy to "slog through" the build
> process and try to find out why this happened.  Although I'm happy with
> the outcome, I don't like to build as root.

You shouldn't need to build as root, but you do need to install as root.
  There is something wrong with the scripts you are using.  The
following (nss-3.15.1) works fine for me as a normal user:

patch -Np1 -i $DIR/$PROGRAM-standalone-2.patch &&

cd nss &&

make BUILD_OPT=1                     \
   NSPR_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/include/nspr \
   USE_SYSTEM_ZLIB=1                  \
   ZLIB_LIBS=-lz                      \
   USE_64=1                           \
   NSS_USE_SYSTEM_SQLITE=1

where DIR and PROGRAM are defined earlier.

   -- Bruce