[blfs-support] problem using BS or DEL key

Alexey Orishko alexey.orishko at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 13:16:08 PST 2013

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 7:02 PM, William Harrington
<kb0iic at berzerkula.org> wrote:
>> Good luck -  I guess that compiling a kernel on an atom will be
>> slow.
>>
>> ĸen
>
> All hail the power of cross compilers with faster machines!
I'll give it a try.

> Hopefully it does get fixed so this thread will help someone. Lots of
> information here.

Finally, folks! I've recompiled and installed a new kernel with
 Graphics support  --->
    <*> Intel GMA5/600 KMS Framebuffer
    [*]   Intel GMA3600/3650 support (Experimental)

and even got nice penguins during kernel boot :-) Screen resolution is also
increased from vga. I don't see any garbage on the screen while deleting
symbols with BS/DEL.

Next time I would know to check hw thoroughly instead of trusting
Intel with gpus :-)
Thanks everyone for pointing me in the right direction

cheers,
alexey