[blfs-support] Ways to convert a .doc to something more civil.

Aleksandar Kuktin akuktin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 13:30:34 PST 2013

Hi all!

Is there a way to convert .doc documents to something else (preferably
PDF) WITHOUT using *Office?

The thing is that I have moved to new harware, rebuilt most of (B)LFS,
but would want to read these bunch of documents without first having to
spend the entire weekend hacking OpenOffice. It has been 3 or 4 years
since I last built it and I remember it not being a breeze.

BTW, this e-mail is not signed because of a mixup with keys when I
migrated to the new machine. I'll get them when I get back home for
Christmas. I also forgot my SSL certificate files so now I can't really
SSL around the net - at least untill I rebuild them. I *really* hope I
remembered to bring the PGP keys for various packages I spent years
collecting. Have to check that in the morning.

--
You don't need an AI for a robot uprising.
Humans will do just fine.