[blfs-support] Samba Daemons smbd nmbd winbind Don't Start

Alan Feuerbacher alanf00 at comcast.net
Fri Dec 6 17:31:55 PST 2013

Howdy experts,

On the road to installing XFCE, I'm trying to install libsoup-2.44.2.
The BLFS book has an option for "Samba-4.12 (ntlm_auth is required to
run the test suite)." to run the tests. I've successfully installed
Samba (as well as the other suggested options) and installed the
blfs-bootscripts-20131023 install scripts to start the daemons.

After installing the above stuff I rebooted and watched the progress of
linux booting up. Each of the daemons smbd, nmbd and winding failed to
install.

Any clues as to what's going wrong?

Alan