[blfs-support] A question about dependencies

Niels Terp nielsterp at comhem.se
Sat Dec 7 12:12:36 PST 2013

I have a general question about dependencies in BLFS:

In the instructions for harfbuzz it is stated that even if some dependencies
are recommended and not required, the results may not be as expected if not
installed. So ofcause I install them before I install harfbuzz.

But other packages, can you install the required deps, and then later
install recommended deps, and get the same result ?

To be more clear: will the compiled files be the same if recommended deps is
installed later rather than before ?

Greetings

Niels