[blfs-support] Automounting

David Brodie lfs at aba.eclipse.co.uk
Mon Dec 9 13:12:57 PST 2013

On 09/12/13 20:53, Matt Burgess wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-12-09 at 19:52 +0000, David Brodie wrote:
>> plus you need a polkit rules
>> file for udisks2, which is written in Javascript format for the latest
>> version of Polkit - this is a very simple example:
>
> My *deity*! It's bad enough that some config files are written in XML,
> but JavaScript for config files, really?  Sometimes it makes me grateful
> for the length of time it takes the enterprise distros I use at work to
> get the latest and "greatest" versions of packages, if this is what I
> have to look forward to!
>
> Matt.

Plus you have to install spider-monkey (and nspr) just to read the
config files...

Incidentally, http://f7t.fr/blog/?p=165 suggests that Dan may have a
permission problem, in that the Dbus launch helper needs to be in the
Dbus ('messagebus') group, e.g.

chown root:messagebus /usr/lib/dbus-1.0/dbus-daemon-launch-helper
chmod 4750 /usr/lib/dbus-1.0/dbus-daemon-launch-helper

David