[blfs-support] XML Files

Dan McGhee beesnees at grm.net
Thu Dec 12 07:56:12 PST 2013

I've noticed that many files that get installed are XML files and
contain many lines for messages in different languages.  In particular
I'm thinking of the action files in /usr/share/polkit-1/actions.  My
$LANG is "en_US.ISO-8859-1."  The existence of these other lines in the
files make it a little difficult to find what I'm looking for.

In installing these packages; e.g., polkit, did I miss a dependency to
render these files with only the en_US messages, or is there another
application that I can apply to these files to eliminate the lines
relating to other messages?

Thanks,
Dan