[blfs-support] gparted, polkit or not, logout

Dan McGhee beesnees at grm.net
Fri Dec 13 17:49:36 PST 2013

On 12/13/2013 05:58 PM, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> However, now, I have polkit working as expected with Linux-PAM and
> consolekit, and for the first time, since I stopped using HAL, I have a
> complete logout dialogue in LXDE, with all options, Shutdown and Reboot
> working as they should.

With the very limited knowledge that I have gained in the last couple of
days, it what you have now includes polkit-gnome, you should be able to
launch gparted from the menu by creating the file mentioned in the other
thread and changing the "Exec" line in gparted.desktop to "pkexec gparted."

I think that the key, as I learned from Armin, is that polkit cannot
launch a gui by itself. It needs polkit-gnome or, this might be wrong,
lxpolkit. In my search for knowledge I found that both sudo and polkit
operate independently of one another. You can defeat the one with the other.

I'm doing things in this BLFS build that I've never done before. It's
interesting, informative, and aggravating. :)

Dan