[blfs-support] JSON-C fails to build

Dan McGhee beesnees at grm.net
Fri Dec 20 10:09:30 PST 2013

On 12/20/2013 11:41 AM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Dan McGhee wrote:

>>> libjson-c is built as part of the same package and it should be present
>>> in the build directory, .libs subdirectory.
>>>
>> That's what I thought, and what I saw when I looked into the build
>> directory. That's what I found so strange. But the build failed four
>> times. I wonder if there's something wrong in $PATH. I use the Package
>> Users system, and I'm investigating that possibility right now. However,
>> this is the first and only package of almost 200 that I've built in
>> {,B}LFS so far that has failed to build.
> When you have a problem with package users, try falling back to the
> standard build procedures up to the point where you install.  Also try
> building (again not installing) as root to remove possible permission
> problems.  If that works, you need to go back and debug the problems you
> introduced.
Thanks, Bruce. I'm so locked in on getting sound that I didn't think
about that until after I responded to Armin. First, I built and did a
DESTDIR install as me, then a DESTIR and a final install as root. Then
used chown to get the package user involved. There didn't seem to be any
permissions problems.

This is actually a mosquito bite right now. I *think* it's a path and
permissions problem with `/usr/bin/ld.` Things worked fine when I built
as me. When I'm through with sound and printing, I'll come back and
troubleshoot this some more.

Dan