[blfs-support] Complete Backup of {,B}LFS

Dan McGhee beesnees at grm.net
Sun Dec 22 10:06:23 PST 2013

I should have thought of this when I had a minimal, bootable LFS. But I
didn't.  I'm asking for comments so that the probability of getting
another bootable LFS-7.4 system is high.  Here are the steps in my plan:

1.  Set up and mount a new partition for this system--done
2.  As root in / run: $ find . -xdev -depth -print0 | cpio --null -pd
<mount point>
3.  Enter chroot environment as in LFS book
4.  Reconfigure kernel
5.  Boot new system

I need to reconfigure the kernel since I use the efi-stubs and put the
kernel image on the EFI partition.  And, although I don't know this for
a fact, it seems logical to me that the kernel must be reconfigured to
account for moving to a new partition.

I'm asking for comments on this plan or recommendations for a different
backup procedure.

Dan