[blfs-support] Xorg required dep when following links in BLFS

akhiezer lfs65 at cruziero.com
Thu Dec 26 05:39:00 PST 2013

> Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 21:33:49 -0300
> From: Fernando de Oliveira <famobr at yahoo.com.br>
> To: BLFS Support List <blfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org>
> Subject: Re: [blfs-support] Xorg required dep when following links in BLFS
>
> Em 23-12-2013 08:13, Fernando de Oliveira escreveu:
	.
	.

> > I think the solution of including introduction as dependency for
> > xorg-proto and for xcb-proto seems to be a good solution.
> >

> For util-macros, fixed at r12448. Thanks.

r12448 & r12441 : wouldn't it be better to make them links to 'x-precfg' or
similar, rather than the too-generic - & misleading - values used in xml/html?

If you're going to be linking to 'logical-' (or 'meta-'/'pseudo-'/... 'packages')
then it's best to get good accurate & intuitive names for them.

(Btw, am not against linking to 'logical-'packages per se; we do similar here
quite a bit - e.g. define classes/sets such as 'mta' (similar to in b/lfs), 'x',
 &c.)

rgds,
akh