[blfs-support] Python vs Python Modules in MesaLib and libxml2 - BLFS 2013-03-18

eddie james xmercurialz at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 26 02:51:42 PST 2013

The instructions are a tad ambiguous to a soft mind such as my own. After
google for 3 hours, I looked into the exploded libxml2 directory and saw
files related to python. I then did ./configure --help and noticed the
--with-python option.. The odd thing is I don't believe I passed that option
to ./configure when I built this for blfs. Mesa compiled with out a hiccup
and X worked. I'm currently installing X11 in a chrooted environment using
slackware 14.0 as a host, and installing to a gentoo installation. to make a
long story even longer... I think the instructions to build Mesa should be
written with "dim" people in mind