[blfs-support] WebKitGTK-1/Flash

Richard r_j_humphreys at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 30 03:41:26 PST 2013

Is there some 'trick' or undocumented procedure for building/using webkitgtk-1 with flash? Some build flag that I may have missed or variable which needs to be set?

I have downloaded the appropriate archive from Adobe - with a readme which tells me to put libflashplayer.so in the 'appropriate directory' (not very helpful).
A quick search around stackoverflow tended to hint at directories such as:
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/
/opt/google/chrome/plugins
so I have copied the library to both locations with no success. I have searched as best online and I can find nothing helpful.

So - how do you guys get flash working?

Many thanks, R.