[blfs-support] WebKitGTK-1/Flash

akhiezer lfs65 at cruziero.com
Mon Dec 30 04:06:42 PST 2013

> Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 11:41:26 +0000 (GMT)
> From: Richard <r_j_humphreys at yahoo.co.uk>
> To: "blfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org" <blfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org>
> Subject: [blfs-support] WebKitGTK-1/Flash
>
> Is there some 'trick' or undocumented procedure for building/using webkitgtk-1 with flash? Some build flag that I may have missed or variable which needs to be set?
>
> I have downloaded the appropriate archive from Adobe - with a readme which tells me to put libflashplayer.so in the 'appropriate directory' (not very helpful).

The 'readme.txt' usually says s'thing like:
==
	.
	.
o Unpack the tar.gz file.  Once unpacked you will see the following:
        + libflashplayer.so
        + /usr
o Identify the location of the browser plugins directory, based on your
  Linux distribution and Firefox version
o Copy libflashplayer.so to the appropriate browser plugins directory.
  At the prompt type:
        + cp libflashlayer.so <BrowserPluginsLocation>
	.
	.
==

> A quick search around stackoverflow tended to hint at directories such as:
> /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/
> /opt/google/chrome/plugins
> so I have copied the library to both locations with no success. I have searched as best online and I can find nothing helpful.

You might want/need to put one or more of those two paths, into
/etc/ld.so.conf then run ldconfig : those details might differ a bit for a
'pure' b/lfs build - we use a mix of b/lfs/slackware/&c here.

hth,
akh