[blfs-support] Problems compiling proftpd

Niels Terp nielsterp at comhem.se
Tue Mar 5 11:46:46 PST 2013

Hi Kenno,

Yes, I had overlooked, that if I’m going to compile anything as an
unpriviledged user, the files better be owned by that user (so I suppose you
mean ‘chown group:user .’ ?).

But still, when I reboot I get the same error message:

Starting FTP Server
[    11.797793] warning: ‘proftpd’ uses 32-bit
capabilities (legacy support in use)

lfs proftpd[1682]: warning: unable to determine IP address of ‘lfs’

lfs proftpd [1682]: error: no valid servers configured

lfs proftpd[1682]: Fatal: error processing configuration file
‘/etc/proftpd.conf’

[ FAIL ] *****

My machine name is ‘lfs’ domain lfs.example.org, and I have assigned a fixed
IP to the network card. Other networking programs, such as Apache, SSH and
Webmin runs just fine.

Niels