[blfs-support] Problems compiling proftpd

Matt Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Mar 5 11:51:20 PST 2013

On Tue, 2013-03-05 at 20:46 +0100, Niels Terp wrote:

> Yes, I had overlooked, that if I’m going to compile anything as an
> unpriviledged user, the files better be owned by that user (so I
> suppose you mean ‘chown group:user .’ ?).

1) Please don't top-post - it's much easier to read an email from top to
bottom, than bottom to top
2) Please try to have your email client post in plain text; again, it's
much easier to read
3) The syntax for chown is 'chown user:group' not 'chown group:user'
4) Do you have an entry in /etc/hosts for your 'lfs' server?

Regards,

Matt.