[blfs-support] Usb error on boot/ or insert

spiky martynvidler at aol.com
Mon Mar 11 14:03:55 PDT 2013

On 11/03/13 19:11, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> spiky wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I have just built LFS-7.3 I am getting an error with usb devices. They
>> dont get allocated to usb2 "as far as I can make out" they try usb1 1st.
>> kern.log as usb device plugged in.
>> Kernel 3.8.2
>> It has a VIA motherboard
>> Dose anyone know of a fix
> I don't recognize the error you are seeing.  Can you explain it better?
>    Also, was it working with earlier kernels?  If so, get a copy of the
> config for the working kernel, copy it to the 3.8.2 source directory as
> .config and run 'make oldconfig'.  That will ask questions, but you can
> generally take the defaults.  Build and test that kernel.
>
>     -- Bruce

This is the 1st time I have built LFS on this machine. 3.8.2 was the
only kernel I have used here.

Google shows there was/ is a problem, I was hoping some one might have
come across it before.

Ok if the usb devices "keyboard, printer, wireless, are connected, the
boot hangs, while the device gets allocated to correct port. It seems to
happen after this

Mar 11 20:12:42 Planet-Server kernel: <30>[    2.764247]
systemd-udevd[1034]: starting version 197

It's hard to see what happens, When it hangs maybe 1-2 minutes, Then it
will load other stuff Gpm, Then hang again another 1-2 mins, Always
erroring "ehci-pci". Until it fixes on "uhci_hcd"

I can get any other info if required

And basically I dont know where else to ask.